Meet The Coven: Michelle - The True Book Addict

Michelle, founder of The True Book Addict
Why I blog about books: I have loved to read since I was a little girl and have always been an avid reader. But in the last ten years or so, I've become even more passionate about books. They are my escape, my favorite thing to collect (I have over 2000 in my personal library), and my constant companion. I blog about books because I want to share that passion with the world and to connect with others that feel as I do about books. More about Michelle: Favorite classic: A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens What's the one book you read over and over and over again as a kid/teenager?: When I was younger, it was The Velveteen Rabbit. When I got a little older, I loved reading Little Women...and still do! Favorite young adult series: Harry Potter or The Chronicles of Narnia?: (to be added) Jane Austen or Emily Brontë?: Jane Austen Favorite comfort food: Anything similar to Thanksgiving food! Favorite season: This is a tough one, because I have two. I love autumn because of the beautiful colors and just the general smell in the air (and Halloween). I love winter because Christmas is my favorite time of the year, I love the cold, crisp winter air and I love the beauty of snow (although I don't get to see much snow since I live in Nashville now). Favorite color: Blue. I love all shades of blue. Blue is a cool and calming color to me. I love to be cool. My kids: I have two sons -- Gabriel (Gabe) will be 8 in November, and Reece will be 7 in January. And a cat daughter named Alis! Sunrise or sunset?: Sunset Coffee or tea?: Coffee, although I don't drink either very often. What's the one book you read over and over and over again as a kid/teenager?: Little Women Out of all the books you've all read, which one sticks out in your mind the most and why?: My favorite book, Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned. I love the Vampire Chronicles and Queen of the Damned was the book that told us the history of the vampires, their true origins. It was a fascinating historical account, albeit fictional, and I loved it. In fact, I have read it THREE times! What is/are your favorite genre(s)?: Toss up between horror and historical fiction Do you have a favorite young adult (YA) series? Or: Favorite young adult series: Harry Potter or Chronicles of Narnia?: Harry Potter, of course! If you could only read one book for an entire month which book would it be?: A tough one...I'll pick a long one, The Pillars of the Earth Where do you like to read?: In my library or on the couch in the family room What is your one literary guilty pleasure? (Something that you know is not going to win any awards and may be somewhat embarrassing to admit?): I do not really have one...I guess if I read Harlequin romances, I could answer this, but I don't, so.... Which is more dangerous - a vampire, a unicorn or a lion, and why?: Vampire...very hard to kill Do you have any favorite television shows? SO many! Probably True Blood, Bones, Fringe What would your dream job be?: A writer, of course! What’s your favorite quote for today?: "Never forget: This very moment, we can change our lives. There never was a moment, and never will be, when we are without the power to alter our destiny." (The War of Art by Steven Pressfield) What is your favorite time of day to read and why?: Probably night, because I'm a night owl, but I love to read pretty much any time of day! Visit Michelle at: The True Book Addict Browse more bios View tour stops