Meet The Coven: Emily - What Book Is That?

Emily, founder of What Book Is That?
Shown above: Little whooping crane chick. Image provided by Emily.
Why I blog about books: I'm a relatively new blogger, but I got my start from wanting a place to consolidate all my thoughts, reviews, and comments on the books that I read. I'm a voracious reader and I read across a variety of genres, so I was excited to share my experiences and also get some recommendations from others. My blog has also turned into a place where I share other interesting things that relate to books, reading, information, teaching/learning, and having fun. My blog is What Book is That?, come visit some time! More about Emily: Sunrise or sunset?: Sunset What's the one book you read over and over and over again as a kid/teenager? Man O' War by Walter Farley Out of all the books you've all read, which one sticks out in your mind the most and why?: Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates - Tom Robbins is my favorite author, and I love the language and humor of this book, as well as the message. There's a guy with a pyramid for a head! A parrot! Nuns! Seriously! What is/are your favorite genre(s)?: I will read just about anything, but my current favorites are paranormal romance, urban fantasy, mysteries and humorous/unique books, for lack of a better way to describe them (See the description of Fierce Invalids.) Do you have a favorite young adult (YA) series?: Right now my favorites are Wondrous Strange (I can't wait for Darklight so it'll officially be a series) by Lesley Livingston, Melissa Marr's books (Fragile Eternity was definitely my favorite,) and anything by Kristen Cashore. Favorite young adult series: Harry Potter FTW. If you could only read one book for an entire month which book would it be?: I have this big collection of Sherlock Holmes stories that I've been meaning to read and it'd probably take me a month to read cover to cover, so I'll pick that! Where do you like to read?: My all-time favorite place: In bed, under the covers. My close second favorite place: On the couch, under a really heavy blanket. What is one book you didn't read in high school that you wish had been assigned?: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez. I read it in college and I wished I'd come across it a lot sooner. Visit Emily at What Book Is That? Browse more bios View tour stops